Piece of cake Studios
Based in Paris, France
Feb 14th 2018 on Steam
Hacktag is a fast-paced two-player co-op stealth-game with unique asymmetric gameplay. Play as the stealth Agent in the field or as the virtually-infiltrated Hacker and work together to carry out espionage missions where nothing goes as expected!
In 2029, in a parallel world inhabited by anthropomorphic animals, you are a mercenary who secretly accomplishes missions for corporations struggling for leadership. To succeed you will have to team-up with a partner and infiltrate corporations simultaneously in two ways: As the stealth Agent, moving through corporate buildings with an isometric 3D view and fast, arcade-style infiltration gameplay. Or as the Hacker virtually infiltrating the same level with different view—see the world through holographic blueprint vision and move through a virtual network to interact with the cameras, doors, phones or even coffee machines…Hacktag is released on Steam since February 14th 2018 after making its debut on Early Access June 1st 2017 and a month of Closed Beta in May 2017.
- Online and local multiplayer: Play separately or share the same screen..
- Single player mode: Simultaneously handle the dual roles of the agent and the hacker in frantic, fast-paced gameplay.
- Original asymmetrical gameplay and co-op mini-games: With the timer ticking, deactivate alarms and unlock doors or holding cells.
- “Co-opetitive" gameplay: As mercenaries, your partner is also your best competitor!
- 3 corporations, 3 types of missions playable in 24 levels
- Gain experience and add unlockable skills: Choose new active or passive skills as you gain levels.
- Full character creation: Customize your anthropomorphic animal character with more than 360 unlockable items..
- Online challenges, ranking and leaderboards.
- Unique story for each player: experience Hacktag’s story with your own NPCs
Hacktag launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner of the Audience choice award - Indiecade Europe" Paris, November 19th, 2016
- "Winner of the A game to Play award " Lyon, March 26th, 2016
- "Winner of the Imaginove GMC Games Award." Lyon, June 8th, 2015
- "Best Hardcore game nominee" Game development Award America, San Francisco, Mars 2017
- "Indie Prize , official selection" Casual Connect, Berlin, février 2017
- "ID 16 Bronze - catégorie transformation sociétale" ID16 Céremonie, Paris, July 6th, 2016
- "Indie Game contest, Nominee" Strasbourg, September 2016th
- "Hacktag impressed. My time with the game left me wanting to play and improve more."
- Tally Callahan, Co-optimus
- "Well thought, funny and with an obvious potential."
- Gautoz, Gamekult
- "Promising co-op infiltration."
- Karaaj, Jeuxvideo.com
- "I can’t wait to get my paws on a copy."
- Kitty Sanders, The Outer Haven
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Hacktag Easter Eggs Trailer
Hacktag Launch trailer
Download (50Mb) hacktag-thegame.com.
About Piece of cake Studios
Piece of Cake studios is an independent french videogame studio specialized in making co-op games. Our first game, Hacktag release planned in 2017 for PC and Consoles won the audience's choice awards at indieCade Europe 2016.
More information on Piece of cake Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks